Up until last week, I had been bathing Elyse and Bryn separately, Elyse in the big tub and Bryn in her pink infant tub. It was convenient to have separate bath times and tubs since their night time routines had not been in sinc and Elyse can sometimes be a wild child in the tub. We finally got Bryn on an earlier bed time schedule and they started taking baths together. They both love it and there is always a lot of splashing going on! Elyse starts asking every night around dinner time if Baby Bryn can take a bath with her and as soon as the water starts running, Bryn is off, crawling full speed up the hallway to the bathroom. Last night, Bryn spent at least five minutes in the tub washing Elyse's back and legs with her little hands and kissing Elyse. Now that they are going to bed at the same time, we also read bed time stories together, say our prayer and then have our family goodnight hug. Every night during our hug Elyse says "This is my family. I love my family." My heart melts.
I love my family too. It's perfect.
Bryn's first bath in the big tub.

That Elyse. I love her. She is the sweetest. And Bryn with washing Elyse with her soapy baby hands. Pure heaven!
ReplyDelete