Monday, January 21, 2013

A Booboon Party!

Elyse has been talking endlessly for the past week or so about her "booboon party." Thanks Aunt Lilia! The subject of birthdays came up at Bryn's 9 monthday. We told Elyse that her birthday is next. This made her very excited and she and Aunt Lilia started planning out what kind of party she'd like to have. Of course balloons would have to be involved, but she wants an all out "booboon party with games and cake and ice cream and my friends! Won't that be fun?" This exact statement comes up no less than 10 times a day and if you don't acknowledge that yes, that would be soooo fun, the statement gets repeated over and over, each time a little more desperate. So, I have officially begun planning Elyse's 3rd birthday, a "booboon" party. 

So beautiful!

This look of concentration is her thinking about what types of games and what kind of cake she would like at her party. These questions always come back to the balloons... what colors, how many, etc. I don't think I've ever heard of a child being so infatuated with balloons, which is funny because up until about a year ago, she was terrified by them.

A few nights ago, we met my family for frozen yogurt at Menchie's, one of Elyse's favorite spots because they always have balloons for her. On our way there, she started counting backward from 10 to 1. I'm not sure where she learned to do this because I haven't worked with her on counting backwards yet but it flowed out of her mouth like she had been doing it for months. Just a couple weeks too late for New Years. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment