Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Elyse-isms


It's hard to believe just a few months ago we were worried that Elyse wasn't speaking enough. She's quickly gone from saying only a few words to complete sentences. These are some of my favorite Elyse-isms this week. 

A few mornings ago, I was getting Elyse ready and she gave me the biggest hug around my neck and said, "We're best friends, Mommy!" My heart melted. I hope she always feels this way.

I did a little bit of early Christmas shopping with my mom last weekend. We had the girls with us so when I purchased some items for Elyse, my mom distracted her and I hid them in the bottom of the stroller. Of course Elyse found the bag of goodies about five stores later, pulled out her new Cinderella doll, held her up in the air and said, "This is fantastic!"

The Internet service at our apartment has been a little sketchy and when Elyse was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the iPad it started to freeze. Every time it skipped she said, "Come on, iPad!"

We're convinced that Elyse is going to grow up to be a foodie. She enjoys eating things that no other child ever would. She started asking for raw spinach from my salad at dinner one night and after savoring each piece said, "Mmm, tasty!" She also says "Dee-licious" when she really likes something.



Every morning, Elyse calls out for or looks for Bryan. When she sees that he's not here, she says, "Daddy at work. Pooooor Daddy."

My dad was over at the apartment yesterday and as he was leaving told Elyse "Come here Monkey-do. Give Papa a kiss." Elyse responded, "No Papa. I'm not a monkey. I'm a princess!"

Elyse is getting much better at expressing her emotions. When she's excited about something, like getting a treat, she'll say, "I'm so happy!" If she wants something and we say no or tell her she needs to wait, she'll give us a long drawn-out "Awe!" She's been working very hard at potty training and is doing so well. Every time she goes potty, I make sure to tell her how proud I am of her, to which she replies, "I'm so proud of you too, Mommy!" or "I'm so proud of you, Bryn!" if Bryn is in the room with us. If we tell her she needs to do something she doesn't necessarily want to do, she says, "Oh tay..." in a low and disappointed tone.

My mom and Eve baked fall sugar cookies and Elyse helped frost them. They sent a few home with us for after dinner treats. The next night when Elyse got her cookie, she ran excitedly into the living room and told Bryan, "I painted my cookie!" This was followed a few minutes later by an "I'm so happy!"



1 comment:

  1. These made my night. Especially the "poooor daddy." LOL. Thanks for the laugh after the hard day. It also made me feel a little closer to you. Love you! Give Elyse and Bryn a kiss for me.

    ReplyDelete