We had a wonderful Easter in our new home in El Paso. Now that Bryn is about to turn 1, our list of firsts are coming to an end but this weekend held a lot of them. This was Elyse's first time to dye Easter eggs. We made it a big family event since my Aunt Maura and cousin Danny were both in town. It was our first Easter in El Paso, Bryn's first Easter Egg hunt and the first Easter egg hunt for both girls in our new home. It was also our first Easter at our new church and it was a beautiful service. Although we enjoyed all of the fun Easter traditions that we've started as a family, we took time to focus on the real reason for Easter, His ultimate sacrifice and love for us. We are so blessed.
Elyse was so excited to color Easter eggs. I can still hear her little giggle.
She had no problem figuring out how to use the little wire egg holders to transfer her eggs in and out of the dye.
She's a pro.
Bryn played around with a different, less fragile kind of egg.
Silly Nana, making Bryn laugh.
The Easter Bunny was here!
I love how she has her hands clasped so tightly.
The girls had some extra sweet treats in their baskets from Dee and Pawpaw and Aunt Lilia and these adorable Easter baskets in a jar from Aunt Amanda and Uncle Chad.
Elyse patiently waited for Bryn to get up to start the Easter egg hunt. She could see the eggs in the yard. I'm not sure how she was able to stand it.
Ready... set... go!
Poor little Bryn wasn't too crazy about the bright sunlight.
It's too bright!
That's a very full basket!
Mommy and her girls.
I love this picture of Elyse giving me a nuzzle. Bryn is actually in this picture too but got squeezed out of view.
Nana, Papa... and Lola too!
We attempted to get a good family picture but you know how that goes.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one struggling to get a good family photo. LOL. The very first picture of E with her hand clasped over her mouth is my favorite. Your girls are too adorable for words. I wish I was there to give each one of them a snuggle. You are looking gorgeous too, my friend. (and I spy some shoes we both have) Love you!
ReplyDelete