Let me just start this post by saying that Elyse is ok.
This picture pretty much sums it up.
It's one of the warnings that you hear from every other parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle or anyone that's had any experience with children starting from the day your baby is born. Never leave your infant unattended on an elevated surface. If you turn your back for a second they can roll off...
We started off having a great day. Elyse was her typical happy, smiley, lovable self. We went "hunting" for some fall decor at Hobby Lobby and World Market. Unfortunately, most stores have bypassed fall for Christmas. Aside from not being able to find the decorations I was looking for, I don't really mind since Christmas is my favorite time of year. I hope Elyse feels the same as she grows up. I'm getting her started early as you can see by the picture above. She didn't seem like she was loving the antlers though.
We ended the day with a trip to the ER. As I got ready to give Elyse her late feeding, I sat her in the glider as I always do while I strapped on my nursing pillow. Then I did what everyone warned not to. I turned my back to pick up a couple of toys. Then boom. Then wail. Instead of going for the roll that we were warned about, Elyse dove off the chair head first. We noticed a bump on the top of her head but aside from that and being scared she seemed ok. I called my mom and the pediatrician's answering service. They recommended that we take her into the emergency room to be checked anyway. We started to wonder if we should have just stayed home when Elyse was hamming it up with all of the nurses and other patients. We knew we should have just stayed home when she started laughing hysterically at a woman throwing up in the waiting room. Before we could leave they called her name. Thankfully her bump was just a bump. We checked on her throughout the night to be safe but she slept well and is back to her typical happy, smiley, lovable self...with a bump.

She truly is amazing. What a sweetie. She didn't want you to worry for a second. :) I'm so glad she's ok. It's always scary when your child has an accident.
ReplyDeletep.s. She's so cute in those antlers with her little pout. She has an expression that reminds me of my Ash.