Elyse really wanted some Daddy time last night and spent about an hour just lounging in Bryan's arms and on his chest, relaxed and content while he worked. I know it took him a little longer to get his work done but these moments are so precious!
We have been having a tough time getting Elyse to eat her rice cereal. I know we've only been trying for a week but she sees the bowl coming and immediately starts to get upset. She now cries with her mouth closed during cereal time because I was taking the opportunities when she'd wail to spoon it in. It didn't take her long to catch on to that. What does make it in her mouth usually comes right back out. Today we went to pick up some fruit. I thought if I could mix in pears or something sweet she might enjoy it more. Not so. This literally made her gag. I know that she is still getting enough nutrition from the breast milk and she is clearly thriving but if anyone has suggestions for success with solid foods I'd love to hear them.
Our strong girl pulled herself up to a standing position again in her baby tub tonight while attempting to reach her bottle of baby bath. I can't take my eyes or hands off her for a second and believe me, I don't. I let her do it tonight under close supervision just to see how far she'd get. She amazes me!

Such a cute photo of Elyse and Bryan. You have to steal moments like these or they pass by. Even if it means missing out on a little work. :)
ReplyDelete